The 4th of July is just a blink away.
This is always a fun time to have family picnics and get togethers.
It’s a time for watermelon, Popsicles, and homemade ice cream.
If you’ll be having grandchildren over (or you’re going to their home), here are some ‘patriotic’ edible treats that would be fun to make with — or for — them.
Most of these recipes are fairly easy and could be made by neophyte cooks (read that to mean grandchildren) with a little help from grandma of course!
- Star spangled fruit tarts
- Edible Sparklers and Rockets (might be a challenge to find the star shaped marshmallows at this time of year)
- Berry Raspberry Icebox Cookies
- Stained Glass Jell-O
- Smores on a Stick (I love this idea!)
- Patriotic Fruit Pops
- 4th of July Marshmallows
- Patriotic Skittles Candy Bark
- Red White and Blue Chex Mix
You could also make Rice Krispie treats, topped with red, white and blue sprinkles, and cut out using a star-shaped cookie cutter. You could also dip them in white melted dipping chocolate before adding the sprinkles. Yum.
What fun foods do you make for the 4th of July?