When I was in grade school, I loved that magazine because it had coupons. Mom would let us rip them out and take them to the grocery store. The store gave us cash for the coupons.
The value of the coupons ranged from 5 to 10 cents. We felt lucky if we happened upon a 15 or 20 cent coupon. We felt we had hit the jackpot. We were rich! Of course we promptly spent the money on candy.
When I was in junior high, I loved the magazine for the jokes. Laughter, the Best Medicine were my favorite ones.
In high school, I loved the Word Power section. By that time, I was a voracious lover of words and was interested in expanding my vocabulary and learning new words.
I still love the jokes and learning new words. (I’m finding that in my current stage of life, I know most of the words in Word Power!) I also love their articles and abridged books.
So I was thrilled when the fine folks at Readers’ Digest contacted me and asked if I would be interested in having a give away. Would I? Would I? How could I resist?
So, to celebrate 90 years of publishing “reads of lasting interest,” Reader’s Digest is letting me offer the book Treasury of Joy and Inspiration: Our Most Moving Stories Ever as a giveaway.
This book is chock-full of essays and true stories by some of America’s most famous authors and thought leaders. These stories will inspire and uplift and touch your heart.
In this volume, you will:
- Find out how a mysterious gift forever changed author James Michener’s life in THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT.
- Experience a truly powerful life-changing moment in Christopher Reeve’s DECISION.
- Let actor George Burns make you feel like you’re dancing on air in SHALL WE DANCE?
- Find encouragement and hope in Dwight Eisenhower’s essay: AN OPEN LETTER TO AMERICA’S STUDENTS.
- Go looking for true peace and happiness as Barbara Walters takes you IN SEARCH OF HEAVEN.
- Get ready to see the whole world anew as Helen Keller imagines what it’d be like to only have THREE DAYS TO SEE.
- Marvel at the healing power of laughter in Billy Crystal’s amazing true story: MY FATHER AND ME.
This book can be yours absolutely free. All you have to do is just post a comment. If you have a special memory connected to the Reader’s Digest or a favorite section of the magazine, feel free to share it.
The book giveaway will be open for one week and will close at midnight December 10.
This would make the perfect gift for yourself or for someone near and dear to you.
Hurry and make your comment now!