Maybe rank even higher. What do you think?
I am here to encourage, insist, assert, and maybe even demand that you do something on this day with your grandchildren. Like eat Nutella until you’re gasping for breath! Why not get started with these recipes?
This crepe recipe is super easy. After all, crepes are merely super thin pancakes! The following recipe and picture are compliments of Nutella.com.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp Nutella®
- Vegetable Oil
- Fresh fruit, for garnish
- Pour the milk and flour into a bowl. Set aside. Mix the eggs with the melted butter into another bowl. Mix the contents of the two bowls together.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a skillet and grease it using a paper towel soaked in the oil. Pour ¼ cup batter into skillet to make crepes that are ½ inch thin and 10 inches in diameter. Cook on both sides until they turn an even golden color.
- Spread 1tbsp of Nutella®, add fresh fruit and fold in half.
One Nutella recipe is NOT enough! Not by a long shot!
Why not make:
- French Toast Roll-ups
- Chocolate Crescents
- S’mores Bars
- Stuffed Browned Butter Blondies
- Nutella Swirled Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- Salted Turtle Cookies
There are some things that you really don’t need a recipe for when using this decadent stuff. Like using it to make s’mores instead of using chocolate bars. Like simply smearing some on a banana for each bite you take. Like spreading it on toast instead of butter. Using it as a topping for ice cream. Using a spoonful to melt in your cup of hot cocoa. Spreading it on graham crackers, teddy grahams, glazed donuts, waffles, pancakes.
Ask your grandchildren how THEY would like to eat it. They just might surprise you and come up with some yummy ideas.
Oh. Please put aside all notion of healthy eating when you celebrating this holiday. Don’t let that inhibit the amount that you consume while celebrating this fabulous holiday. Just do what you gotta do to get the stuff into your grandchildren’s mouth — and YOURS!
Mmmm mmmm, good!